We love sharing all the great produce from the 6 different properties that we are farming on this year. We want to share with you how we used some of the items harvested this week.
Comment below to share with everyone how You enjoyed your share this week!!
Tonight at the Diehl house was a Farm Dinner….
- Basil Turkey Burgers with Garlic Scape Mayo
- Roasted Radishes & Potatoes
- Fresh Lettuce & Roasted Red Peppers
Items used from this week’s shares:
- Four Seasons Lettuce
- Radishes – White Icycle & Pink Beauty
- Garlic Scapes
Basil Turkey Burgers with Garlic Scape Mayo
- 1 pound Ground Turkey (could sub ground beef)
- 1 bag of basil – chopped coarsely
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Microgreens blend
- Garlic Scape Mayo – see recipe below
- Poppyseed bagel or bun of your choice
- Season Herb & Salt Blend of your choice – I used Greek Seasoning from Penzeys Spices
Mix the Ground Turkey, Basil, & Herb – Salt Blend. Form (2) 1/2# patties. Grilled for 5 minutes on first side & 3 minutes on the other side. Place cheese on burgers till it is soft and melts. Spread the Garlic Scape Mayo on the Poppyseed Bagel.
Garlic Scape Mayo
- 2 garlic scapes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
Cut off the flower of the garlic scape. Finely chop the garlic scape. Mix garlic scapes, mayo, yogurt. Enjoy on burgers, sandwiches or wraps.
Roasted Radishes & Potatoes
I know you are thinking…. Roasted Radishes??? But they are Great!!! When you roast radishes they become sweet and wonderful. So if you don’t like the spiciness of radishes, this is a recipe you simply must try.
- 3 white icycle radishes
- 6 pink beauty radishes
- 2 potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Herb blend of your choice — I used Bavarian Seasoning from Penzeys Spices
Substitutions: carrots, parsnips, onions, sweet potoates
Place radishes & potatoes in a foil pouch. Roast on the grill or in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30-40 min.